How to Wash Your Goat for Show Day
Not sure what the best way is to wash your goat? Check out the video
below with ProStaff member Mike Harbour explaining his own washing
Things to Remember
- Use warm water; it helps cut through the dirt and oil better.
- Use whitening or brightening shampoo on the goat's legs if they are stained.
- After massaging shampoo into the goat's hair, let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- While shampoo sits, smooth down hair to help train it in the direction you want it to lay.
- Make sure to wash the goat's head and muzzle, but be careful to not get any water in their ears.
- Keeping its environment and pen clean will also help keep your goat clean.