Tools to use in and around the show ring:Pump Sprayers
- Kent Bennington recommends using ice water in the pump sprayer to keep your pig’s body temperature down on hot days at the show.
- For non-oil shows, spray the pig with a fine mist of water just before you go into the show ring.
- This is a great way to enhance your pig’s look and add freshness
Tools that you should have in the show ring:Brush
- Keep a brush on hand to remove any last minute dirt or shavings your pig might get into before or during the show.
- Kent Bennington prefers that showmen use a small brush that fits inside their pocket, unseen by the judges.
- Use when you cannot fit the brush into your pockets.
- If you prefer a bigger style brush, keep your hands free by putting it in a brush holder.
- Great for cleaning up your pig after it goes to the bathroom.
- Fold the towel and keep it easily accessible in your pocket.
- Don’t leave it dangling out of your pocket; this does not look professional.